Wednesday 31 August 2011

Reviewing the week

As this is the first week of the FE term, I want to take stock and reflect at the end of the week. To kick of the week, the LRC has been tidied at least twice, to provide the best possible impression. Staff returning from leave have been updated on the changes over the summer. Mainly the move of my office, create a more cohensive team and less of a disjointed management/ team structure. I have also created a training pack for the staff, with how to guides for cataloguing books, DVD and journals.

Spent the afternoon on Tuesday doing housework on my desktop, then starting working on my Chartership. Having to look again my PDP, after reading “Building your portfolio” section. 


Read http://thewikiman.org/blog/?p=1717- three simple marketing rules all libraries should live by... and it really got my thinking, with the new cohort of stuents arriving today and my frist induction tomorrow. This is the ideal opportunity to test this out. Instead of listing the resources, I'll tell the students what we do- we provide access to resources, free of charge, we help students use the resources and the benefits are, the more you (the students) use the rsources, the more your knowledge will grow, which should result in better grades for you. I've added in these extra notes in to my induction for tomorrow. I will reflect on my findings after tomorrow and my first induction is done.




No comments:

Post a Comment