Thursday 1 September 2011

first induction

Having read the article yesterday about promoting and marketing the Library services, I put it in to slightly shaky practice this morning. with my first induction, I tried to ensure the students understodd the importance of the LRC/ library and more importantly what there is to do in the library. Trying to highlight the benefits was pretty easy- come here, read and something will be remembered which in theory should result in better grades. Also it means the students will feel more conencted with a space and have another person to contact/ speak to.

As for my first session, I feel it went fairly well, I managed to convey all the information I needed to, dedicated time to speak to each member of the group as well as getting them all to take out an item on self service.  however I have felt that as the day has progressed, I find doing three a day quite hard going and so do the students. It's tough to get them and myself to have the same energy levels as in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment