Thursday 25 August 2011

Thing 7

The main organisation I am a member of is CILIP, and it's been great, think I am still on a high from the umbrella conference two months ago.

Had several dealings with CILIP, obviously website, but also a couple of phone calls, and they provide really helpful advice and guidance. Also following them on Twitter. I suppose the only thing that is a little disappointing is the number of branches which you can become a member of. Would like like to have been in more than 2, yes I know I can pay, but we are in a recession. Or are we not know. I forget.
Also living and working in the South West there aren't many activities organised by CILIP.


Being updated by newsletter and magazine is great, so I can have five minutes reading something useful connection to my role.



1 comment:

  1. Hi there- just wondered if your work place paid for you to go to CILIP conference or not? I agree that CILIP has so many groups that it'd b nice to be able to join more of them. I'm from South West originally- East Devon, Exeter/Honiton area. I'm intrigued about the Art Library you're working in -is it at Plymouth? I have always been interested in being an Art Librarian, so when I saw name of your blog I clicked on it!

    ReplyDelete