Sunday 20 September 2015

Cilip update September highlights

Ok, this issue clearly didn't have as much to engage me in the issue. Lots of space is dedicated to the up and coming LMS showcase, an event that I attended last year. Which was very useful and informative- considering the change in system that I am currently investigating. Obviously having attended the event already it holds limited interest to myself now...and probably won't hold any interest again until my employer thinks about changing. However being in that position last year the event was very useful...having the top LMS providers in one room.

But a few things caught my eye in terms of interesting things to read- firstly was the highlighted research project developed by Cilip. Potentially useful with my employer having an emphasis on individuals completing and presenting research ideas- plus my own personal plan is to complete my Masters within the next few years. Having already done a post grad in library and information studies, I left prior to the Dissertation- at the time not seeing the relevance of such a project and instead invested my time in Chartership. Reading this article there is possible future uses for being involved in such a project. Also as I am an Art librarian, of which we are a dying bred and being located within the south west, teaming up with others or working as part of a wider group always has it's advantages. This is on my watch list.

There was one interesting article- by Duncan Chappell, following up one year on from the terrible fire at Glasgow School of Art, which damaged the library and book stock. A year ago I was covering the maternity post for the co-editors role at ARLIS and contacted Glasgow School of Art so highlight the cause of the library. One year on, improvements have been made, which is so good to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment