Friday 2 September 2011

Why a library?

This is my 5th year working in libraries. Previously I have worked in Public libraries and now in academic.

Why this career? Teaching was always an idea, but I soon realised it wasn't what I wanted to do, after talking to people in the profession. What I love about libraries is that there is a teaching element, and i feel part of somethin. When I look back to my child hood I remember spending loads of time in libraries and in one form or another they have always been there. I have a massive interest in books (but which librarian doesn't) and life long learning, which libraries can be a part of.

Where am I now- right now I'm in my office boiling hot. Career wise, I have just completed my Post grad in information and library studies, I was adviced by CILIP to stop at Post grad level and do my chartership. Currently I am a library manager and have been for three years.

My plan for the future is to complete my chartership. 


No comments:

Post a Comment