Thursday 27 September 2012

Portfolio building training session

Attended the portfolio building training session for MCILIPyesterday, I was a little sceptical about how worth while it was going to be and thought it might be CILIP trying to justify the £50 admin fee. But having spent 3 hours listening and note taking the course intersting and I seem now to have understood the 4 criteria. However I am unsure of how the event previously lasted all day, as ever my interested faltered after the break.

Content
I felt highly relevant I formation was delievered, providing additional relevant material on what should and shouldn't be including. For example, finding out that only5 pieces of evidence is needed per criterion and that pieces can represent multiple criteria, sets my mind at ease as several of my projects tick more than one box.

Trainers
Both for approachable and knowledgable, which made the session enjoyable and motivational, as half way through the session I was thinking that after MCILIP, I would like to become a mentor but in the short term my goal is to break down the task of completion in to sizeable tasks, with realistic deadlines and follow the twitter conversations #chartership chat and return to the previously engaged with #uklibchat. however if i am being totally honest I found the content of the first presenter more depth and interesting in comparison to the first half a dozen slides of the second presentor.

Overall I consider the most relevant aspect of the course to be the reinitiation of my previously dwindling motivation. Currently feeling inspired and that I could complete my chartership, as the task now seems to be in manageable pieces, unlike 24 hours ago when it felt like a bit of a drain only resources. I feel I have significantly increased my chances of successfully completing my portfolio, which I would like to do before the 11 th feb 2013, my return to work date post maternity leave.




No comments:

Post a Comment