Tuesday 31 January 2012

My day

Following the diaster of yesterday, I feel today has to be better.

Started day at 8am, ordered a pile of books for GCSE english course, must do a budget transfer later today! I'm terrible at remembering finance.

First job of the day is to re-write my CV, easy peasy, I have a completed and up to date version as a I am doing my chartership, but I am struggling with the section professional profil and creative practice section. Ok, after a cup of tea, I manage to type and drink. Finished that task and sent it to HR.

 As I have no teaching today, there is nothing major in my diary, I have a report to read on copyright and I have two reports I need to finish for SMT. Plus I could probably order a few more books and do the connected paperwork for contemporary craft.

Well my plan worked for all of ten minutes, when I relised that WilsonWeb has still not had the problem solved, needed to re-contact IT. Back to Copyright article.

Managed to last 20 minutes this time, before getting distracted- this time it was with tomorrow's display, it's on Brazil, so each member of the department has made a few carnival masks.

Finally managed to finish the document on copyright, it seems to have answered a few more questions I had on digital copyright, but created a few more.

Before lunch my plan is to work out the classmarks for the books that have arrived/ been donated to the college library, so one of the assistants can catalogue them. Will work on the SMT reports this afternoon. Hopefully.


It's 1.45pm and I have completed 2nd draft of the report for SMT, not sure how many drafts I need to create, so I think I am almost there. Very happy, once I have this report done about art and design libraries, I have managed to create a little network of art and design librarians, done some work on criteria 4 for my chartership and managed to (finger crossed) impress SMT.

Overall today has been pretty successful, managing to almost complete the report is a very big task, and doen two finance tasks, however I have broken my email account and can no longer communicate to the outside world.

the next three hours, will be spent- cataloguing books, not work on the report and giving my brain time to heal itself






No comments:

Post a Comment