Thursday 28 July 2011

Thing 3

Having recently got married, I checked both names. The only thing I was able to find was my linkedin account, which is totally professional. This is probably as I don't have a facebook account, and tend to see social networking as a something I do professionally, but you never know I might fall in love with it and create a facebook account by the end of the session.

I'm not sure if I should be concerned about not having much of a online presence, on one hand, there are very few pic's or information of on me online, so for instance my boss can't see what I did at the weekend (kayaking), but it also means that my other work mates on facebook have to remind themselves to tell me about a social event etc.

Reasons to increase online presence
  • become more fluent in using them
  • networking
  • potential connections to employement

Reasons not to
  • having to remember to update it and log in
  • Working in education has made me see the level of almost addicitve like behaviour students have over using facebook.
  • potential connections to employment

No comments:

Post a Comment